ASC Reno Competition Students Only – Cost Engineer
Apply For This Job:Email Us
Students can apply through Brazen at the ASC Reno Competition. Please do not apply through this page.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
Job Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Performs accurate, thorough, and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail, and coding for all MasterFormat (CSI), UniFormat and bid package for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development, and construction documents) that can be clearly understood by internal and external team members.
- Assist in developing estimates by evaluating drawings, building plans, specifications, and related documents.
- Assists in providing quantity comparison between estimate revisions.
- Actively participates in the internal estimate review process.
- Assists in developing accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with the project management team’s assistance.
- Assists with final assembly of estimate for presentation to owner.
- Assists the buyout process.
- Prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific scope of work and comprehensive bid packages.
- Directs, coordinates, and provides information and documents to subcontractors.
- Assist with pre-bid site walks and document existing conditions.
- Assist with subcontractor bid review and ensure scope of work is comprehensive.
- Prepare bid tallies for project team and owner review.
- Assists in the review of plans and specifications during the schematic design, design development and construction document phases of preconstruction.
- Assist with reviews of milestone documents to identify and communicate the development of changes to the team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills internally with project management team and subcontractors.
- Manage individual workload to accomplish tasks within given timeframes.
- Considers and understands problems and identifies appropriate solutions.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets customer’s expectations.
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours and post-bid interviews as required.
- Provides internal database input based on current market feedback for incorporation into database.
- Provides support as needed to the project management teams as needed.
- Keeps current with latest estimating technology and techniques.
- Manages project budgets for preconstruction services.
- Manage time and utilize electronic timecard software in a timely manner.
- Other duties upon request.
- 0 – 3 years of experience as Cost Engineer/Junior Estimator in commercial construction industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, or Civil Engineering preferred but not required.
- General construction knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- General knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids, and GMP processes.
- Proficient in all estimating software programs used in preconstruction: On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Destini, Timberline, Building Connected, Assemble, Bluebeam, Power BI, BIM360, Excel, Word, MS Project.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organized, efficient, able to multi-task effectively, hardworking, and dedicated.
- Able to thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Level 10 Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE: Level 10 Construction is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Level 10 Construction are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Level 10 Construction will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Level 10 Construction encourages applicants of all ages.