ASC Reno Competition Students Only – Project Engineer Intern
Apply For This Job:Email Us
Students can apply through Brazen at the ASC Reno Competition. Please do not apply through this page.
Job Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Study and learn the concepts of each department within the construction department.
- Manage and complete any tasks assigned to you by the supervising manager for each department.
- Develop and maintain a working folder of all work completed during the internship to be submitted at the end for evaluation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, specified manufactures, architects, engineers, landlords, city/county/state officials.
- Collaborate with other Level 10 project managers to complete specified projects.
- Other duties upon request.
- 0-1 years in construction of commercial projects.
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- Related experience can include construction management in commercial construction, superintendent for commercial construction, project management or draftsman in architectural firm.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance attention to detail with the need to maintain a constant workflow.
- Must be self-motivated and have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
- AutoCAD/Revit experience preferred.
- Adobe software products and/or Photoshop experience preferred.
- General understanding of commercial construction systems, means and methods.
- General knowledge of Divisions 2 through 16 CSI MasterFormat.
- General knowledge of construction costs as it relates to the CSI MasterFormat, with the ability to breakout lump sum pricing into detailed scopes of work with definite quantities and units of measure.
- Knowledge in construction methods and materials, as it relates to both new construction and tenant improvements/fit outs.
- Understanding of trade responsibilities within the overall construction contract.
- Familiarity with construction contract law, principles and terminology.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand/finger motions, arm extensions, sitting, standing, and walking jobsites that include uneven and changing site conditions. As well as climbing stairs and ladders, etc.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Level 10 Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE: Level 10 Construction is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Level 10 Construction are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Level 10 Construction will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Level 10 Construction encourages applicants of all ages.