Apply For This Job:Email Us
The Senior Estimator responsible for preparing budgets, estimates and pre- bid packages for construction projects to be built for clients under the CM at Risk guaranteed maximum pricing structure.
Responsibilities also include working with the project management team in establishing a bidders list, soliciting and evaluating subcontractor proposals and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys and reviewing project plans and specifications for constructability and value engineering in all CSI (Construction Specification Institute) categories of work.
The Senior Estimator will supervise a team of estimators and cost engineers who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for all CSI division systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development and construction documents).
- Develops accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with the project management team’s assistance.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently with ability to multi-task.
- Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
- May assist the project management team in soliciting and analyzing subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
- Prepares and presents budget presentations to owners and architects.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets customer’s expectations.
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours and post-bid interviews as required.
- Develops unit costs accurately and analyzes value management analysis options.
- Performs technical/plan review when required.
- Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
- Develops knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources and use this knowledge in guiding the owner to a viable project.
- Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload.
- Ensures all data placed in the historical database is accurate.
- May assist in purchasing or buyout duties.
- Participates in Redi-check document review workshops.
- Leads in the training and development of estimators.
- Other duties upon request.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent work experience with 10+ years of preconstruction and/or operations experience on commercial construction projects or 10 – 12 years of progressive equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Knowledgeable in civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
- Proficient in all estimating software programs used in preconstruction (e.g. MC2, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Paydirt, Constructware and іSqFt).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
- Possess the ability to estimate all aspects of a commercial construction project, assemble into one budget and present to owners.
- Must be able to operate as a “stand alone” estimator able to handle complete projects if required.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Level 10 Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE: Level 10 Construction is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Level 10 Construction are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Level 10 Construction will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Level 10 Construction encourages applicants of all ages.