The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Controller and CFO in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department, Maintain and control the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and provide management with financial information by researching, analyzing and reconciling accounts.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Assist the Controller with day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department.
- Compile, analyze and reconcile financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including but not limited to bank statements, fixed assets, benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Process benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and prepare adjusts and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and certify reconciliations are prepared timely, accurately and in compliance with company guidelines.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Evaluate reporting requirements to ensure systems meet operating guidelines and regulatory standards.
- Become the subject matter expert of the View Point Vista software, as well as train others.
- Participate in the development of systems training to provide new processes for enhancing efficiency and productivity.
- Respond to customer escalations and exceptions to research and resolve inquiries in a timely manner.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary to Controller, CFO and other Executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
- Must have at least 2 years of general ledger experience in a corporate accounting function.
- Certified Public Accountant a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in excel, including Pivot tables and using formulas.
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data.
- Good understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Level 10 Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States.
DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE: Level 10 Construction is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Level 10 Construction are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Level 10 Construction will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Level 10 Construction encourages applicants of all ages.