Marketing Proposal Manager
Apply For This Job:Email Us
Level 10 Construction is looking for a Proposal Manager with experience in the architecture, construction, and/or engineering (AEC) industry to help leverage and grow our business in various market sectors.
Level 10 Construction is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity for an AEC marketing professional to join a company that is backed by seasoned industry veterans with decades of experience. In the ten years since our founding in 2011, Level 10 has created the company its founders envisioned. We employ more than 450 employees in four locations (Sunnyvale, San Francisco, San Diego, and Texas) and are ranked the 8th largest GC in the Bay Area and 4th largest GC in Silicon Valley. In addition, our revenue has reached 9 billion in our first ten years of business. We are building some of the California’s most iconic structures and innovative campuses for leading Silicon Valley tech companies throughout California.
The Level 10 Proposal Manager is responsible for driving initiatives to achieve operational excellence in pursuit strategies for various market sectors. These pursuits will align with our marketing plans including articulating and communicating the company’s brand integrity and consistency. The Proposal Manager will report to the VP/Partner overseeing the Marketing Department working with the So. Cal Director of Marketing.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and capable proposal manager, experienced in the types of requests for proposals/request for qualifications (RFPs/RFQs) typically received from private and public-sector clients, who are genuinely passionate about strategy and positioning us to win. We are looking for someone who will add to our cohesive team dynamic, develop compelling proposals, and coach winning orals/interviews.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and facilitation skills, proficiency in writing and editing, excellent attention to detail, organizational and planning skills, and the ability to take direction and identify priorities and multi-task, all while demonstrating a professional demeanor, flexible attitude, and an enthusiasm for producing highly strategic and thoughtful work within a complex business environment.
What you will be doing:
- Leads pursuit strategy efforts for Bay Area in collaboration with Marketing team and NorCal Leadership by contributing your ideas, creativity, and energy to Marketing Department
- Manages and leads proposal efforts and strategies with NorCal leadership including RFP content library, proposal templates, developing project team strategy, maintaining, and creating graphics library/infographics.
- Organizes teams during kickoff meetings; develops proposal plan, compliance matrix, and schedule, monitors progress, and ensures that all deadlines are met.
- Schedules and manages blue teams, solutioning, and storyboard development/confirmation and offer advice to help identify and articulate key messages, discriminators, benefits, and proof statements.
- Establishes and delegates writing assignments. The proposal manager should be able to write original text for the corporate and team qualifications section, introductions to technical sections, and other sections as appropriate. Ensures that all written materials reflect the key messages identified during storyboard development and that it is written in a persuasive style.
- Helps to lead conceptualization of proposal graphics. Translates facts and features of subject material into graphic terms that best convey intended meaning utilizing infographics and other visual elements.
- Coordinates Requests for Information with teaming partners/subconsultants and Good Faith Efforts and Diversity Goal Plans.
- Manages color team reviews and recovery of proposal after reviews. Ensures final compliance, messaging, and continuity between technical, management, and cost volumes or sections. Proofs and edits all text.
- Coordinates oral/interview preparation meetings including helping to identify a presentation approach and ensuring differentiators are articulated; manage production of necessary props (PowerPoint slides, leave-behinds, boards, etc.). Facilitates oral rehearsals. Manages collection of questions for use during Q&A sessions in orals and ensures adequate time is spent developing responses to questions.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of applicable experience, including an understanding of the proposal response process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook)
- Graphic Design knowledge and experience using Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat)
- Experience using CRM databases (Cosential)
- Experience using organizational/calendaring programs such as Monday.com
- Experience using RFPio, or Loopio a plus
- Experience working in the AEC industry is preferred
- Familiarity with Chicago Style / APA Style writing
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand/finger motions, arm extensions, sitting, standing, and walking jobsites that include uneven and changing site conditions. As well as climbing stairs and ladders, etc.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Level 10 Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All applicants applying must be Authorized and Sponsorship not needed to work in the United States.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE: Level 10 Construction is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Level 10 Construction are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Level 10 Construction will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Level 10 Construction encourages applicants of all ages.