Apply For This Job:Email Us
The Safety Manager is responsible for promoting and ensuring site safety and has a comprehensive knowledge for the day-to-day safety field operations for their assigned project(s) including planning, coordinating, and enforcing safety regulations and codes while serving as the company’s point of contact for owners, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and Level 10 team for all safety related matters.
Job Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Manage new hire safety orientation program and provide ongoing job-specific safety training.
- Perform daily site safety inspections and the inspection of safety equipment; removal of any defective equipment and manage fall protection equipment inspection procedures.
- Establish a schedule for the preparation, submittal, review and acceptance of Job Hazard Analysis.
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive accepted Job Hazard Analysis Program.
- Ensure subcontractor compliance regarding safety and health requirements.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to near-miss incidents, injuries and illnesses.
- Participate in fact-finding Root Cause Analysis for injury/incident investigations and obtain accident and injury reports from jobsites.
- Record and manage all site safety documentation and provide detailed weekly written reports.
- Participate in safety preconstruction meetings and pre-work meetings.
- Facilitate mass safety meetings and required weekly safety meetings.
- Compile materials for safety meetings, prepare agendas, and record meeting minutes.
- Manage and coordinate substance abuse testing and set up medical clinics for new jobsites.
- Facilitate Level 10’s “return to work program” with employees, medical professionals and project personnel.
- Serve as liaison for worker’s compensation reporting, case management, and record keeping, and participate in Level 10 claims management process.
- Extensive working knowledge of OSHA regulations, NFPA standards or other applicable codes.
- Demonstrated construction safety experience with solid industrial hygiene field skill set.
- Advanced Safety/Industrial Hygiene Certifications (CSP, ASP, CIH, OHST and CHST) preferred.
- Experience in dealing with regulatory agencies, safety and health professionals, and legal representatives.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Industrial Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related field experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years full-time safety experience, preferably in construction industry. Federal construction project experience preferred.
- Current HAZWOPER 40 – hour training preferred.
- Asbestos and Lead training preferred.
- Current OSHA 30-hour construction safety training preferred.
- Duties require physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, extending hands and arms, kneeling, as well as crouching in work areas under construction
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be necessary to lift and carry or manipulate tools.
- Ability to perform various tasks for construction projects and operate machinery.
- Employee may be exposed to various noise levels ranging from low to high; moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE: Level 10 Construction is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Level 10 Construction are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Level 10 Construction will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Level 10 Construction encourages applicants of all ages.