Senior Project Engineer
Apply For This Job:Email Us
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for ensuring administrative, contractual, financial and technical aspects of the assigned project(s) being executed. Senior Project Engineer will be reporting to the Project Manager and/or Superintendent.
The Senior Project Engineer will supervise a team of skilled Project Engineer professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Assists Project Manager and Superintendent in the management of construction projects, which involves cost control, expediting, quantity take-off, scheduling and safety.
- Develop peer constructability review of design documents.
- Develop, input and update project schedule as directed.
- Assist with the coordination, development and accuracy of the project estimate, budget, revisions, cost coding, and prepare cash flow charts.
- Analyze changes to contract documents, i.e. Owner Change Order Requests (CORs), Subcontractor Change Orders (SCOs).
- Review revised cost reports with Project Manager and assist in establishing final costs. Attend and participate in monthly job reviews.
- Work with Project Manager to perform a thorough and objective bid analysis using all applicable components.
- Prepare subcontractor Schedule of Values and monthly owner billings with Project Manager and Project Superintendent.
- Other duties upon request.
- 4+ years of experience as a Project Engineer in commercial construction industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management of Engineering or related field.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Viewpoint or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Apply a complete and proficient understanding of construction management, engineering, safety, scheduling, estimating, budgets, costing and procurement.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Strong leadership, detail oriented, problem solving, initiative and teamwork.
- Proven ability to fulfill project development to project closeout responsibilities.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Level 10 Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE: Level 10 Construction is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Level 10 Construction are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Level 10 Construction will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Level 10 Construction encourages applicants of all ages.