Senior Project Manager- SD
Apply For This Job:Email Us
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all resources for the successful execution of a project.
The Senior Project Manager will supervise a project team of skilled operations professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Sets safety, quality, schedule, cost and owner relationship goals.
- Provides input and supervises all pre-construction services such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up, bid packages and project pre-planning.
- Works with the VP of Operations to obtain the personnel resources required to properly staff the project.
- 100% Detailed/hands-on knowledge of Project Scope.
- Reviews project proposal or plans to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Manages the financial aspects of contracts; assures job margin analysis is completed on a regular basis.
- Develops baseline project schedule with assistance from Superintendent and/or VP of Operations.
- Monitors and reports project cost and schedule performance; recommends corrective actions if needed.
- Manages the scope of work and has mastery of the contract documents.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external project team members to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement and timeline.
- Analyze and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize the ability to meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Reviews change orders for accuracy.
- Reviews and takes action on contractor pay requests and invoicing.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required; prepares project reports for Level 10 management, owner or others.
- Manages claims; identifies and resolves potential claims with subcontractors/suppliers.
- Participates in project coordination meetings.
- Ensures adherence to insurance, safety, labor relations, EEO and tax regulations.
- Monitors and ensures quality control.
- Works with Safety Director to ensure jobs have safe working conditions and safe work practices are in place.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with key owners and architects.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results.
- Directs and ensures timely completion of project close-out activities.
- Other duties upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
- 10+ years of project management experience in the construction industry.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Viewpoint or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Extensive knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- Walking job sites that may include uneven and changing site conditions; as well as climbing stairs, ladders, etc.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Level 10 Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE: Level 10 Construction is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Level 10 Construction are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Level 10 Construction will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Level 10 Construction encourages applicants of all ages.