Apply For This Job:Email Us
The Senior Superintendent is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all resources in the field for the successful execution of a project.
The Senior Superintendent will supervise a project field team of skilled union and nonunion operations professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Lead Level 10’s Injury-Free Environment (IFE) Safety Program.
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling and resource-loading in conjunction with other Self- Performed Work crews.
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
- Primary representative for interfacing with Owner and Design Team.
- Manage large complex, multiple projects.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise assistant superintendents, subcontractors and craftsman.
- Partner with project manager during the construction phase to budget, manage and forecast the following: craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables and general conditions.
- Develop site utilization plan and establish crew size.
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, clarifying discrepancies.
- Maintain liaison with other functions to ensure all required materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule.
- Participate in pre-construction budgeting, scheduling and design.
- Select formwork systems and equipment.
- Implement and understand project administration requirements in conjunction with the project manager.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, ability to determine work method alternative.
- Maintain relationships with customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, etc.
- Other duties upon request.
- 15+ years of experience as a commercial Construction Superintendent.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
- Strong emphasis on fostering a safe working environment for all employees
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE: Level 10 Construction is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Level 10 Construction are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Level 10 Construction will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Level 10 Construction encourages applicants of all ages.