Featured prominently on the Palomar Community College campus, the new Maintenance and Operations Buildings house offices and workshops that were formally located in eight different structures.
The project, with a total footprint of 30,000-sq.-ft., includes two buildings; one for departmental offices and one for facilities departments. The facilities building combines multiple departments – warehousing, grounds, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, welding, custodial, painting and maintenance – under one roof.
The project is the second design-build project for Palomar CCD and is the District’s first LEED Platinum/Net Zero Energy project. The buildings have been awarded Petal Certification from the Living Building Challenge, making this project the first Petal Certified community college in the world. This certification exceeds LEED Platinum qualifications.
- ENR’snational recognition for Best of the Best 2018 Green Project
- ENR California’s 2018 Best Green Project
- Design-Build Institute of America’s (DBIA) 2019 National Award of Merit, Educational Facilities
- Southern California Development Forum’s (SCDF) 2018 Annual Design and Philanthropy Award for Technological Innovation
- Honor Award in the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) California’s 2019 Engineering Excellence Award
- National Recognition Award in the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) California’s 2019 Engineering Excellence Award
- California Community College Overall Sustainability Design Award at the California Higher Education 2019 Sustainability Conference
- San Diego Architectural Foundation 2019 Orchid Award
Design Assist/Design-Build MEP+
Building Information Modeling
Media Gallery (6)
Signup with your email address below and we will keep you up to date on the latest Level 10 Construction news and project achievements (new , recently completed, awards and recognition)
Thank you for signing up
News & Press
- In The News August 6, 2019
Facing a Limited Budget, This Community College Still Built a Net-Zero FacilitySource: Metropolis Magazine
- Articles March 7, 2019
Best Green Project: Palomar College Maintenance and Operations BuildingSource: ENR
- Press Releases December 2, 2015
Level 10 Construction to Build New Maintenance and Operations Complex for Palomar Community College DistrictSource: Level 10 Construction